Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I like my boys like I like my coffee...


I'm not saying that we go to cafes specifically to hit on or stare at Cute Boys behind the counters, but at the New Wave Coffee this is a burgeoning trend amongst the Logan Square ladies. Meet Mike H., one of two Cute Kansas City cyclist boys who fill our days with a strong brew and eye candy behind the bar at New Wave Cafe. This Boy could sell Juan Valdez coffee. I mean, if Juan Valdez was into dudes. Because he's hot.


Name: Mike H.
Age: 25
Neighborhood: Logan Square, around Fullerton and Kimball
Hometown: Kansas City, MO, moved to Chicago June 2008
Occupation: Barista at New Wave Coffee
Orientation: Straight
Status: Taken
Sign: Virgo
Wearing: Vintage glasses with cut-off black shorts and biking hat.
Seen: Hanging around Logan Boulevard.
Fun Fact: I collect a lot of Star Wars memorabilia, like big-time. I have an entire closet full of stuff. I don't know if my girlfriend knows how much of this stuff I have.
You can find me: Mostly on my friends porches, I enjoy the Two-Way, the Whistler, and Bottom Lounge is pretty fun, so is the Empty Bottle.



(Juan is totally on his way to the New Wave right now.)

7 comments:

  1. jealous much?sounds more like you're the one below his standards, his girlfriend is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah jealous of that weed wacker hair cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it because you don't have a boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay okay. I get it. You don't like me, you hate that I cut my own hair, you hate that Mike is with me - and not you? Clearly you've fallen victim to a devastating injustice. Present your case to the people in charge, because obviously a mistake has been made. Why don't boys like you? Or people? You'll ask. The blunder will rectified, apologies will be made. Condolences will be extended for troubling you with psychotic inconveniences. Some one, out there, will assure you that I suck and that YOU. ARE. THE ULTIMATE. PRINCESS.

    Curtsy,
    The Girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you girls seriously having a blog fight about that hipster?

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha amen to the hipster comment,

    All the boys at this cafe seem to look the same..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... anonymous #1 sounds like Fatty Fatty No Friends. I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete