Friday, November 20, 2009

Keeping Us Addicted


This boy has been one of our favourites waaaay before we started CuteChicagoBoys.com. Troy S. has been drawing us back to the Violet Hour over the years, and after a while we started asking ourselves, "Are we coming in for the cocktails or for the boys?" And now as he begins his ventures with the Star Lounge's new "Dark Matter" Coffee, I wonder how bad our caffiene addiction will become! Meet Troy S., cute Bartender and Barista extraordinaire!

Name: Troy S.
Age: 32
Neighborhood: Humboldt Park
Hometown: Its a good question without an easy answer. My formative years were spent in Atlanta, but I was born in St. Louis. I've moved to Chicago now four times.
Occupation: Bartender at The Violet Hour, and took over sales and marketing for "Dark Matter" coffee at the Star Lounge.
Orientation: Straight
Status: Available!
Sign: Aquarius
Wearing:
Seen: Brewing "Dark Matter" at a private coffee tasting at CCB Jonathan J's studio.
Fun Fact: One of the coolest things that ever happened to me is when I was able to stage at Alinea, and I had never cooked before. I felt really privileged and lucky that Chef allowed me to do that. I was supposed to be there at 12, but I showed up at 11:15 and got a great tour of the place. I was planning of being there til like 2 in the morning, but around nine o'clock, one of the head servers came up to me and told me Chef wanted me to sit down. And then I got a bad-ass dinner. 24 courses later, I was blown away and my standard for amazing experiences got raised.
You can find me: I really like the Whistler and Delilah's, and the Publican for beer. If I'm not drinking beer at a place like the Publican, I'm just drinking High Life.

2 comments: