Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tasty Treats from the Executive Cute!


If you know anything about your ladies behind CuteChicagoBoys, its that we LOVE food and we LOVE chefs. We were lucky to attend the 2009 Meals on Wheels Celebrity Chefs Ball and catch The Drawing Room executive chef Nick Lacasse with some free time. We fell in love with his food, the way he transformed the Le Passage legacy, and of course his cute face! Maybe the stomach really is the most direct way into your heart!

Name: Chef Nick L.
Age: 30
Neighborhood: West Bucktown
Hometown: the Great State of Vermont, moved to Chicago about 5-6 years ago.
Occupation: Executive Chef of the Drawing Room and Le Passage Nightclub
Orientation: Straight
Status: Taken
Sign: Taurus
Wearing: A new Chefs' jacket, of course.
Seen: At the Meals on Wheels Celebrity Chef Ball dishing out delicious treats from the Drawing Room
Fun Fact: Last year when I came to the Meals on Wheels Ball, I was kind of star struck when I met Chef Jimmy Sneed. I introduced myself and was like "hey Chef, I've been reading your cookbooks for years, do you have a business card?" and he came up and gave me a free night at his new hotel in Naperville, including a five-course tasting. I was so star-struck! And then I met Nancy Silverton today, who is one of my all time favourite chefs.
You can find me: Usually at Gold Star Bar on Sunday nights, Cans on Monday Nights for the wings and for the camaraderie of my friend Chad behind the bar. Wednesday nights I go to Angelo's on Wells [ed note: Sedgwick & North].


(we apologize for the low-resolution iPhone shots!)

No comments:

Post a Comment